The term ''trend analysis'' refers to the concept of collecting information and attempting to spot a pattern, or trend, in the information. In some fields of study, the term "trend analysis" has more formally-defined meanings. Today, trend analysis often refers to the science of studying changes in social patterns, including fashion, technology and the consumer behavior.
Analyzing history reports give you the means of tracking trends and identifying problem areas in your network. You can use this information to find recurring problems, which will help you prevent future problems. This data can also help you plan maintenance schedules and equipment replacement.
Monyog concerns itself with answering the question:
- Was your MySQL down in the last one month?
- When did your MySQL traffic peak in the last few days?
And these are the few instances where we can find ,
- When replication slave went down?
- Whether their was a hacking attempt?
- Which counters do you want to analyze?
- What time period do you want to analyze?
Answering the question will thus become a matter of comparing different results and of analyzing their differences.
NOTE: This feature is available in Monyog Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate.